The Library's reading rooms are open. Before you visit, please read Visiting the Library.
Young adults are core clients of public libraries and the future adult users of library services.
Young adults are a key customer of public libraries and best placed to engage with new digital platforms. Public Library Services provides state-wide consultancy and advice on library services for young people to library staff and local government.
- YAPA Self paced learning kit: Young people and libraries
- Library success wiki: services for teens
- Search Institute’s 40 Developmental Assets®
- Youth Services Strategy Framework for Public Libraries
- Young Adults Deserve the Best: Competencies for Serving Youth (YALSA, 2010)
Networking and forums
New South Wales Public Library Network Children’s and Young Adult (Young peoples) e-list provides a forum for sharing ideas and discussing issues related to library services for young people.
There are a number of working groups for children and young adults in Public Libraries NSW — Metropolitan and Country. For more information, contact Public Library Services
- ALIA Children’s and Youth Services NSW
- YAPA: Youth Action and Policy Association
- Multicultural Youth Affairs Network NSW (MYAN)