The Library's reading rooms are open. Before you visit, please read Visiting the Library.
Using your Find Legal Answers resources to promote awareness of legal issues to older people
Many libraries are involved in events and activities during the NSW Seniors Festival. You can use your Find Legal Answers resources to promote awareness of legal issues during the festival and at other times of the year.
Information resources to promote
Find Legal Answers Tool Kit
Use these books from your Find Legal Answers Tool Kit in library displays:
- The law handbook
- Rest assured: a legal guide to wills, estates and funerals
- Speaking for myself: planning for later life decision-making
- Seniors guide to consumer rights in NSW
- Legal information for older people (Find Legal Answers)
- Council on the Ageing NSW - COTA NSW and Legal Aid NSW have formed the Legal Pathways partnership to provide assistance to older persons needing advice about a will, enduring power of attorney or enduring guardianship. People who receive an age pension or hold a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card are eligible to participate in the Legal Pathways project.
- The Seniors Rights Service is a community legal centre that protects the rights of older people. They provide telephone advice, advocacy, legal advice and educational services.
The Ageing and Disability Abuse Helpline is a free, confidential service that provides information, support and referrals relating to the abuse of older people living in the community across NSW. Individuals, concerned friends, family members, neighbours and support workers can call 1800 628 221 if they suspect elder abuse is occurring. Anyone can make the call.
Factsheets to download and print
The following subject resource sheets show you how to find information on the Find Legal Answers website, highlighting some of the resources available. You can print these out and add them to your showbags or promotional material.
Promotion and reporting
Promotional material items such as bookmarks, brochures, magnets, seniors promotional cards and showbags are available to order for your event or activity.
IMPORTANT! Don't forget to report your event or activity via our online form.
Twitter, Facebook and other forms of social media are effective methods of communication. You could use these channels to provide links to useful online resources in order to promote legal information.
Use the following hashtags on Twitter (and Instagram/Tumblr):