Between 10 pm Saturday, 11 July and 1 am Sunday, 12 July (AEST) access to the Manuscripts, Oral History and Pictures catalogue and the viewing of digitised items will be temporarily unavailable. We apologise for any inconvenience.
We can't wait to reopen our reading rooms at 10am tomorrow.
The health and safety of our staff, readers and visitors will always be the priority and we will be complying fully with the NSW Health guidelines for libraries to protect everyone who comes through our doors.
We will be:
- restricting the number of people in each reading room
- setting up queuing systems and clear signage to ensure safe physical distancing
- providing hand hygiene facilities at each entrance to the Library and in key locations
- keeping bathrooms well stocked with hand soap and paper towels, with instructions on how to wash hands properly
- cleaning hard surfaces in the reading rooms thoroughly between each session
- cleaning computer keyboards and peripherals between each use
- providing single-use headphones in the reading rooms for those who don’t have their own
- ensuring all readers are seated at least 1.5 metres from each other
- displaying the special conditions of entry at each entrance to the Library