The Library is open. See frequently asked questions.
Task no. 1
Writing a Patent Description
Imagine you are applying for a patent for your idea for a new flotation device.
Choose from your brainstorming list what you believe is your best or most creative idea for a flotation device.
Write a description for your patent application.
In your writing you should:
- give your invention a name
- describe the appearance and features of your flotation device
- outline the materials used to make it
- describe what problem your invention solves
- explain how it solves this problem
You might also include a labelled sketch of your flotation device. Include a caption for this illustration.