The Library is closed onsite, open online. See updates here.
Task no. 1
What is Vincent Patrick Taylor doing floating around San Francisco Bay in 1926 wearing a strange inflatable suit? The odd shaped object he is holding in his arms is a type of oar or paddle - but why is he doing that? Remember that Vincent Patrick was a balloonist and a stunt man. What is he up to?
Brainstorm the backstory for this photograph – What is he up to? You might like to consider the following questions:
- What is the suit’s purpose?
- How might the suit be used?
- What is he doing with an oar?
- How does this suit relate to V. P Taylor’s interest in ballooning and/or stunt-performing?
- How does the location fit into the story?
Task no. 2
Ask Vincent Patrick Taylor
If you could go back in time and ask Vincent Patrick Taylor 5 questions about this photograph, what would they be? Write them down.