The Library is closed onsite, open online. See updates here.
In this special creative writing experience, students will use the Library’s collections as a launching point for their own writing. As students tour the beautiful Library reading rooms and galleries, they will stop at designated points to engage in writing activities designed exclusively for this excursion. Devices will be used to compose each creative piece, which will then be collated electronically for students and teachers to share and revisit on their return to school.
- EN3-7C thinks imaginatively, creatively, interpretively and critically about information and ideas and identifies connections between texts when responding to and composing texts
- EN4-1A responds to and composes texts for understanding, interpretation, critical analysis, imaginative expression and pleasure
- EN4-4B makes effective language choices to creatively shape meaning with accuracy, clarity and coherence
- EN5-1A responds to and composes increasingly sophisticated and sustained texts for understanding, interpretation, critical analysis, imaginative expression and pleasure
- EN5-5C thinks imaginatively, creatively, interpretively and critically about information and increasingly complex ideas and arguments to respond to and compose texts in a range of contexts
Before you visit
$200 for groups up to 15 and $325 for groups of 16 – 30.
Monday - Friday during term time
Minimum Supervision Ratio
Kindergarten – Year 2 - 1 adult per 5 students
Year 3 – Year 6 - 1 adult per 10 students
Secondary students - 1 adult per 20 students