NSW Health has launched a new free smartphone app, Drinks Meter.
Drinks Meter is a user-friendly phone app that gives you confidential, personalised feedback about your alcohol use based on advice from doctors and Australian guidelines.
- is free to download
- allows you to easily enter alcoholic drinks you have had in the past 7 days
- adds up your weekly spend on alcohol
- shows what you've been drinking in equivalent standard drinks
- shows what you've been drinking in the kilojoules/calories you've consumed, equivalent to foods like cheeseburgers or chocolate bars
- shows you how your drinking compares with national alcohol guidelines and other users of Drinks Meter
- personalises your feedback adjusted to risk factors based on family and medical history (e.g. BMI, prescription medication, mental illness and addiction)
- has tools to help you cut down your drinking, like weekly goal setting and a drinking diary
- includes an interactive pouring tool to help you understand how much is a standard drink.
Find out more on the NSW Health website Your Room.
Get started by downloading the Drinks Meter app through your app store: