Drug and alcohol information
- Healthy Spirit Healthy Community – A guide to drugs and alcohol in our community - NSW Health
- Effects of drugs and alcohol - Your Room, NSW Health
- Managing 'ice' in the family - NSW Health and the Alcohol and Drug Foundation
Information for parents and carers
- Your guide to dealing with teenagers and grog - NSW Health
- Looking after our young people - Your life, your culture, you choose! Australian Government
- Talking about it - How do I talk to my kids and grandkids about alcohol? - Your life, your culture, you choose! Australian Government
Information for young people
- Your guide to dealing with grog - NSW Health
Stay strong FASD postcard for young people - NSW Health
Pregnancy and babies
- Stay strong and healthy FASD story book - NSW Health
- Drugs and alcohol and pregnancy - NSW Health
- Drugs and alcohol and breastfeeding - NSW Health
- Gunja and pregnancy - NCPIC
Information for community, health and AOD workers
- Handbook for Aboriginal Alcohol and Drug Work - University of Sydney, Aboriginal Medical Service Redfern Co-op Ltd, Central Coast Local Health District, the Aboriginal Drug and Alcohol Council Inc. (SA) and Sydney Local Health District
- Alcohol awareness kit - University of Sydney, Addiction Medicine
- Pregnancy drug and alcohol guide for health workers - NSW Health
You can also download and order Aboriginal specific resources from the Your Room website.
Support and treatment
The Aboriginal Health and Medical Research Council provides links to Aboriginal community controlled health services across NSW. Visit www.ahmrc.org.au for information about AHMRC members including a regional map, information and links to members websites.
There is also Aboriginal specific information about drug and alcohol support and treatment, including detox, counselling and treatment programs, on the Your Room website.