We are open on ANZAC Day from 1pm to 5pm. See our ANZAC Day opening hours for more details.
Promoting awareness of the harms associated with the use of pharmaceuticals and ice in the community.
Not Our Way is a campaign that focuses on the harms associated with the use of pharmaceuticals and ice and the impact this has on family and community. It also aims to provide advice for parents, families and friends of Aboriginal people with a pharmaceutical or ice dependency.
The key messages of the campaign are to:
- call Triple Zero for help from the police and ambulance service
- don't be ashamed to ask for help
- don't ignore the early signs and act fast before it is too late
The messages were informed through a consultation process with members of the Aboriginal community and agencies in metropolitan and rural locations across NSW. The campaign is based on real stories and experiences of Aboriginal people across NSW who shared their experiences so they could help others.
"Drugs don't have to be illegal to be lethal"
- Download the Not Our Way pharmaceutical drugs storybook
- Download the Not Our Way information booklet about pharmaceutical drugs
"Are you standing on thin ice?"
- Download the Not Our Way ice (methamphetamines) storybook
- Download the Not Our Way ice (methamphetamines) information booklet
Visit the NSW Police website to find further campaign resources and promotional material.